Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Dalamar

Adventurer
Kerwyn draws a deep, ragged breath as he regains consciousness. He takes a moment to reorient himself to the current situation, and then gets up.
"Man, and here I was boasting just a while back that I was going to stay out of harm's way..." The suel winces as ghost pain passes over his chest.
Then a memory of something he had done unconsciously during the fight crosses his mind.
"Oh... right... Did we get any of last night's visitors alive? There's something I'd like to try and replicate."

After getting a positive answer and directions to the captive, Kerwyn heads over.
"Eww! The smell's worse than the academy's lavatory after somebody messed up the permanent cantrip. Wish I knew how to do that.
But did use to know the right place to press... I guess it was somewhere here... and I bet the stink won't come off my hand for a while."
Kerwyn lightly presses a point near what he thinks is the beastman's neck, trying to recall how he borrowed the spell energies of his fellow students way back when.

OoC: Since unconscious characters are considered willing for spells, I guess they'd be considered that for Steal Spell too. So seeing if the lizard is a spellcaster.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
The sleeping lizardman gives Kerwyn the ability to cast the spell Light. You suspect the Lizardman probably has other spells, and you could take them all from him while he is sleeping.

Pyrex

First Post
Raner Bluestone, Ftr 4, -17hp (of 40)

Xael said:
"...Besides, we need to inform Lord Burne and others in Hommlet about this, and I think they might want to ask it some questions we might have missed.", Lylamwyn says.

Raner nods in agreement, "Right, so how about we tie him down to a crude stretcher and haul him back to town with us?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Pyrex said:
Raner nods in agreement, "Right, so how about we tie him down to a crude stretcher and haul him back to town with us?"

"I think you're planning a bit far ahead, unless you've come up with a cunning plan to keep us from being eaten?"

Pyrex

First Post
"Well, yeah, that'd be the goin back to town to let everyone know what's happening out here before coming back to root out the cultists part of the plan."

Dalamar

Adventurer
There's a big -and some might say scary- grin on Kerwyn's lips as he gets the spell. He then proceeds to extract as many spells from the lizard as he can.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“At least we know who will volunteer to carry that one on our way back,” Lenya says with a smirk, not quite knowing what Kerwyn does there. And most likely she doesn't really want to know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads