Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Xael

First Post
Lylamwyn listens to the scribe and when he leaves, turns to answer Kerwyn and others, lowering his voice a bit: "Metaphorically speaking, he might have. But he told that the new halfling owner of the Old Trading Post is rumored to be a cultist of eevil. He asked if I - we - could look into it. The moathouse seems to involve a bit more physical danger than this, uhh, intrusion of independent privacy for the cause of social feelings of mutual safety. Though our resident Paladin could possibly give us some kind of confirmations of the trader's belief system. Unless of course, the trader has protected himself with powerful magic, which would seem a natural choise for a cultist of eevil who has been stationed here..."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Uncle Joman?! An evil cultist?! Ridiculous! Impossible! The Darts may not be the most pious of folk, but I've never heard such accusations in my life. Certainly, we must investigate these claims, but to clear the good fellow's name."

Xael

First Post
Lylamwyn shrugs. "I got the impression from between the lines, that the rumours have probably started because of the fact that the former owner of the Old Trading Post actually was a cultist of evil. People have a habit of clinging to old habits and memories, so I'd not put too much faith in it.

What I can't figure is why Zerosh would bring up this matter, especially to me. He doesn't seem like a one who listens to normal village gossip, and even less like one that would believe it for that matter. It's rather strange, don't you think? And intruding into people's private life is rather rude in my opinion. Even when it's done with good intentions."
, he says with a calm voice. *If it's done with good intentions...*, he continues in his mind, instinctively.

"More importantly, has anyone even heard of this rumor before?", Lylamwyn continues, while frowning a bit. His tone has been darkening very slightly during the whole time he's been talking, as if he's thinking about something, and continues to do so. "I mean, you'd think somebody of us would have heard of it, if Zerosh has. I'd be more interested in tracking this rumour to it's source to whoever started it, than bothering mister Joman with it unless absolutely necessary. Maybe somebody who doesn't like him started it." *Yes. Someone...*

*Frankly, I have a bad feeling about this whole thing. I don't like this. I'd like to have a way of checking what my father knows about Zerosh.*

*If he even knows him.*
, Lylamwyn's more paranoid part of his brains add to his thoughts.

Lylamwyn continues to ignore Redithidoor, by accident or on purpose, and takes a look at the scroll Zerosh gave him.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"And if someone has truly seen undead in the moathouse, its our responsibility to go verify it! Such things are abominations, evil, and cannot be allowed to exist," Craven says passionately. Oh brilliant, you just committed yourself, you coward. All but volunteered to be the bloody head of the expedition. By St. Cuthberts stiffened spine, you better not screw this up.

"I better go see..." he says, and walks back to talk to Vesta. "Lady Vesta, I've heard some disturbing rumors from some of the patrons. One claims to have been attacked by undead in the moathouse, something that I believe must be tended to. Could you spare me for a half-hour so I can go talk to the temple about this? I'm afraid it could be serious." Then Craven pauses and remembers something. "Oh, and I was supposed to pick up some honeycakes for Marly," he adds a bit sheepishly.

Endur

First Post
Several people start talking at once.

Vesta smiles and says to Craven, "Of course, honey. I'll get your cakes right away. Maridosen can cover for you while you visit Canoness Y'Dey. You will make us all proud. Be a dear, and take Xaod with you back to his bed in the Church."

Maridosen sighs and makes an ugly face at being 'volunteered' to cover for Craven.

Redithidoor says to Craven, "I will sing songs of your valiant verification of the presence of undead in the Moathouse."

The gnome Nierethi Poscurian, "Yes, lets all go the Moathouse and loot the place. I claim first pick of the treasure!"

The merchant Chat responds, "Now, there is no need to be hasty. The undead just lurk in the Moathouse. We're perfectly safe so long as we stay here and they stay there. Elmo says he's cleared out the undead several times and they just come back, so there's no point in anyone going off on a fool adventure and getting killed in the Moathouse for a treasure that does not exist."

OOC: Craven had heard a rumor that the former owner of the Old Trading Post was a thief and a murderer, but nothing about Joman Dart. Raner had heard a rumor that Joman Dart obtained the Old Trading Post for a "steal of a price". Lylamwyn has heard a rumor that Lord Burne and Joman Dart like to smoke pipeweed together occassionally.

Lylamwyn examines the scroll that Zerosh gave him. The Ornate scroll begins with a introductory section describing the author and the history of the spell enscribed therein. This scroll was scribed by Zerosh himself, copied from another scroll he obtained from a Blue Mage named Takesh Jal. The magical symbols are complex and more powerful than anything Lylamwyn can currently memorize (equivalent of Deep Slumber). Lylamwyn thinks he would have a high chance of casting the spell successfully if reading from the scroll.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"If there are undead that keep appearing in the Moathouse, there's clearly something drawing them there. We'd want to be certain to have a way of preventing that before we tried any stopgap measures, but if we can figure out how to keep the dead restful, it'd be our obligation to do so."

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

Lenya listens to the conversation. The thought of moving out into her own adventure fills her with excitement, but the talk about undead and evil cultists makes her suspicious as well. If all this was true, they might need more than just a few young adventurers to bring it down. And there was also the evil-born powers lurking within herself, being a part of herself. But she would be strong and not let have them take ahold of her.

Pyrex

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"We'd want to be certain to have a way of preventing that..."

"I'm thinkin Craven an' his friends at the temple should have some sort o' burial blessing to keep them away."

Endur

First Post
Redithidoor turns to Lylamwyn and says, "I hope you understand that my song, A Wizard Goes A Courting, was not based on you as inspiration. Someone else was my inspiration."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases